Freedom Bakery is an innovative social enterprise which began as a bakery project to support prisoners to learn employment skills within HMP Low Moss Prison.
Triangle Trust grant enabled:
- 3 paid posts and to deliver 8 artisan bakery trainee posts with subsequent plans to increase this to 16 posts
- Placing 75% of Freedom Bakery trainees into paid employment within 6 months of their release
- A tangible reduction in reoffending rates of bakery trainees
- The café has successfully helped to promote healthy eating of real food both by supplying real bread to venues across central Scotland and helping prisoners with healthy cooking skills
- Wholesale figures have increased as has weekly turnover and the desired goal is on track by the end of the 2019 financial year