We have amended our criteria. Please read this guidance carefully before submitting an application to make sure you are still eligible.
Our Development Grant Scheme provides core funding to support organisations to implement a step change in their development and therefore build increased sustainability for the future. We are open minded on the type of initiatives applicants may wish to develop in order to increase their sustainability. Please visit the featured grants section for examples of the developments funded to date.
However, please note we will not provide funding for the following:
- Appointment of a Trust or Community Fundraiser.
- Expanding the coverage of a particular service, unless there is a tangible increase in sustainability as a result.
- Match funding, unless associated with a sustainability development.
- Covering the loss of a statutory contract or grant income.
- General running costs.
- Applicants must be a registered charity, not-for-profit social enterprise or community interest company working within the UK with a UK office.
- Social enterprise and community interest companies must have a governing document which shows the name, aim/purpose, objects of the group, including a dissolution clause - what happens if your group ceases to function. This clause should show that you are a not-for-profit group by confirming that any assets remaining after all debts are paid will be given to another voluntary group with similar aims. This document should also include details of your Trustees or management committee.
- The sole purpose of applicants' constitution must be to support unpaid carers or the rehabilitation of offenders or ex-offenders. (Organisations with a broader remit running a project to support unpaid carers or the rehabilitation of offenders or ex-offenders are not eligible to apply)
- Organisations running crime prevention or restorative justice initiatives are not eligible to apply.
- Organisations providing support to the “cared for” as well as their carers (eg patient representative groups) are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants may be involved in providing direct practical support work, research projects or policy or campaigning work relevant to unpaid carers or the rehabilitation of offenders or ex-offenders.
- Applicants must demonstrate in their application how they have expertise and a history of working with unpaid carers or offenders.
- Applicants must have some volunteer input.
- Applicants’ gross annual income (including contract income) for the most recent financial year should be less than £1million, although priority will be given to smaller organisations.
- Applicants must have their annual accounts independently examined or audited.
- Shortlisted applicants will be required to have a strategic plan in place ready to be presented during stage two of the application process (see application timetable).
- Applicants must make a commitment to develop sustainable income streams during the grant period.
- Applicants should have evaluation systems for their work in place, and if not part of the grant should be used to put a system in place.
- All previous unsuccessful applicants to The Triangle Trust must wait two years before reapplying (eg if you applied in 2015, you cannot reapply until 2017).
- Applicants already in receipt of a Development Grant cannot apply for further funding until after their current grant has come to an end. However, priority will be given to applicants who have not previously had a Development Grant.
- Any costs incurred by the applicant in undertaking a development to increase sustainability can be covered by the grant.
- Grants will be available for up to £80,000 over 3 years.
- We would expect to see the amount requested each year tapering down as applicants develop other sustainable income streams (eg £35,000 in year 1, £25,000 in year 2 and £15,000 in year 3).
Only complete applications submitted using the online form by noon on the published closing date will be accepted. Please ensure you meet all the criteria above, have read how to apply and checked the application timetable before applying.
If you have a technical problem submitting the application form please email or telephone 01707 707078 (10.00 to 14.00 Monday to Thursday only).
The application process is two- stage. Shortlisted applicants will be required to host a visit from the Triangle Trust and present their strategic plan for the next few years.
Successful applicants will be required to provide progress reports.